Reform Tennessee is seeking a student who has aspirations of creating something that has the capacity to change the social/political landscape in Tennessee. The ideal candidate should have at least 2-3 courses in journalism. Duties will include conducting research, writing stories and working closely with our team to ensure we have exciting and relevant content.
This internship is unpaid and for someone who is interning for college credit.
Intern must be able to hold a minimum of 8-25 hours per week and be prepared for weekly meetings with staff. This internship is unpaid and for someone who is interning for college credit.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Site Director.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files.
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed.
- The individual must have their own laptop/computer.
- Working towards a degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience/interest in SEO, Social Media & WordPress.
- Familiarity with video production and/or video editing is a plus.