Website Reform Tennessee
Reform Tennessee is dedicated to Cannabis Reform in Tennessee.
Reform Tennessee is seeking a student who is attempting to work on a capstone project with aspirations of creating something that has the capacity to change the social/political landscape in Tennessee. The ideal candidate should have at least 2-3 courses in journalism. Duties will include conducting research, writing stories and working closely with our editorial team to ensure we have exciting and relevant content.
This internship is unpaid and for someone who is interning for college credit.
Intern must be able to hold a minimum of 8-25 hours per week and be prepared for weekly meetings with staff. This internship is unpaid and for someone who is interning for college credit. If you are not applying for this internship to obtain course credit, then we are accepting applications for volunteers.
The individual must have their own laptop/computer.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Director.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy-editing, and writing of proposals and reports.
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts. Preferably from University of Tennessee or Local community college in or around the Knoxville Area.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance/Wordpress.
- Familiarity with video production and/or video editing is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to Info@reformtn.org